Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/customer/www/marketingelf.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/eclipse-link-cloaker/eclipse-cloaker.php on line 3365
Most of my affiliate sites are run on the WordPress platform. Not just for blogging, it is a great solution for someone that doesn’t want to hand code sites in html but produce vibrant, beautiful, & easily customizable websites. Making this customization even easier is hundreds (if not thousands) of WordPress plugins available. Most of them are free and with the latest version of WordPress you can upload them right from the back end, no FTP program required. Here is my list of the top 10 wordpress plugins that I feel every affiliate marketers need for their websites.
- Akismet – This plugin works to cut down on the amount of comment spam so you never even see it. Let’s you spend more time working with legitimate comments.
- All in One SEO Pack – Get help optimizing your website with the help of this plugin. It provides fields on every post page to optimize your title, description, and keywords. As someone once told me though “this plugin only works if you input the data. You can’t just intall it & forget about it.” This plugin is made unnecessary if you are using the Thesis theme though.
- Broken Link Checker – Running a very active affiliate website means creating lots of links pointing away from your site. You don’t want to be sending all that traffic to nowhere though. This plugin runs a check to make sure the links are not broken and reports back what it finds.
- Contact Form 7 – Make it super easy for people to get in touch with you. With this plugin you can create a contact form in seconds.
- Google XML Sitemaps – This plugin automatically creates a sitemap of your entire site allowing letting the search engines index your site much easier.
- Pretty Link – Shrink down those huge affiliate links to something that is branded with your website’s url. It has the added benefit of allowing your to track how many clicks you are receiving too.
- TweetMeme Retweet Button – Make it easy for people to share your blog posts with others through Twitter. It also shows a count of how many times a post has been tweeted.
- WordPress Database Backup – Never rely on your webhost to create backups of your website for you. This plugin allows you to easily backup your WordPress site and create a scheduled backup as well.
There are certainly lots more WordPress plugins that are helpful to affiliate marketers but these are the ones that are found on all of my sites. Watch for another installment with more useful ones. What are your favorite plugins for WordPress?